You are currently browsing the monthly archive for August 2010.
It was recently announced that all of the Star Wars movies would come out in the near future on Blu-ray. I got the honor of getting a sneak peak at all the extras and add-ons that will be available on the special discs. I know, I know. You’re welcome.
1. There will be approximately 105 plus hours of added scenes. Here is a run down of some of what is added.
-Two scenes of Jabba the Hutt sweating to the oldies.
-45 extra hours of Stormtroopers going home to their wives. Their wives then hag and hag them asking them why they never ask for a promotion.
-6 more hours of Stormtroopers looking around in an desert.
-Han shoots third.
2. George Lucas’s very own intern states that he believes he heard George Lucas apologize for the prequels once, but then again George Lucas could have just eaten some bad Mexican food.
3. The truth behind Yoda’s speech impediment (hint: head injury)
4. Additional outtakes of Hayden Christensen learning how to look out windows.
5. Exclusive interview with R2-D2 about how C-3PO only seemed attracted to other male-like robots.
6. Behind the scenes: watch George Lucas eat twelve turkey and cheese sandwiches.
7. Casting the movie: How it took them four years to find someone tall and hairy enough to play Chewbacca.
8. A feature about interesting and little known facts. Including…
-Luke Skywalker was originally going to be a miniature pig.
-Not only is Lando cool, he’s also wanted in fourteen galaxies for shoplifting.
-When you became a Stormtrooper, you received good pay and insurance, but not dental.
-Stormtrooper training consisted of learning how to stumble, how not to shoot straight, how to miss important main characters when firing a blaster, and how to be incredibly gullible.
-Harrison Ford’s favorite movie is “How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days“.
That’s just a handful of the amazing extras that will be included in the set. No official release date has been set yet, so stay tuned!